The Scottish Society of Greater Bloomington was founded to provide a means for individuals of Scottish ancestry or interest to experience and participate in activities that celebrate the Scottish culture.
Celebrate Robert Burns’ 257th Birthday
It is that time of year again for the Scottish Society of Greater Bloomington annual Burns' Dinner at the American Legion Post, 1800 W 3rd St, Bloomington on January 30, 2016 with the gathering commencing at 6 pm.
Entertainment will include the duet of John Belner and Deb Shebish singing lots of Scottish songs, the Southern Indiana Pipes and Drums, and ceilidh dancing by the Scottish Country Dancers of Greater Bloomington with audience participation.
The evening's program will also include the Address to the Haggis, Immortal Memory and a toast to Robert Burns. And new this year we will be Calling of the Clans. Returning this year will be a raffle for lots of nice Scottish items. Raffle tickets will be $1 each or 6 for $5.
This will be a fun filled night with lots of entertainment as well as good food including Haggis and oak cakes with jam. There will be a cash bar so no outside alcohol is permitted. Dress should be Scottish attire or your Sunday best. Age limit is 12 or older.
Please find attached the reservation form at the top of this page and note that seating is limited. We had a sell out last year so send in your reservations as soon as possible. The deadline for receiving your reservation is January 22nd. There will be no refunds. If your reservation is received after seating is full your payment will be returned. If you have any questions or can not open the reservation form you may reply to this email. If you do not have a printer you may write the information requested on the form on a piece of paper and send it with your payment.
- Meeting Dates
- The Society meets four times a year on the third Monday in March, June, September and December.
- Meeting Times
- 6:30 pm - Social Time with light refreshments served
- 7:00 pm - A program is presented about different facets of Scottish culture
- Meeting Location
- The First Presbyterian Church, 6th and Lincoln Streets, in Bloomington, Indiana
- Maps to the meeting location can be found here
- Throughout the year the Scottish Society of Greater Bloomington participates in various events. This includes Highland Games, Festivals, Parades, Tartan Day celebrations and other events. The highlight of the year is the Society's annual Burn's Supper in January.