The Scottish Society of Greater Bloomington was founded to provide a means for individuals of Scottish ancestry or interest to experience and participate in activities that celebrate the Scottish culture.
Celebrate Robert Burns’ 256th Birthday
The Scottish Society of Greater Bloomington will be hosting a Robert Burns’ Supper at the American Legion Post, 1800 W. 3rd Street, Bloomington on January 31, 2015 with gathering commencing at 6 pm.
Entertainment will include the renowned Highland Reign from Indianapolis, The Southern Indiana Pipes and Drums, and ceilidh dancing by the Scottish Country Dancers of Greater Bloomington and the audience. The evening’s program will also include the Address to the Haggis, Immortal Memory and a toast to Robert Burns, and a salute to the Lads and Lassies. There will also be a raffle for lots of nice Scottish items. Raffle tickets will be $1 each or 6 for $5.
This will be a fun filled night with lots of entertainment as well as good food including Haggis and oak cakes. Send in your reservations as soon as possible as seating is limited. No outside alcohol is permitted. There will be a cash bar. Dress should be Scottish attire or your Sunday best. The Ticket cost will be $30 per person.
- Meeting Dates
- The Society meets four times a year on the third Monday in March, June, September and December.
- Meeting Times
- 6:30 pm - Social Time with light refreshments served
- 7:00 pm - A program is presented about different facets of Scottish culture
- Meeting Location
- The First Presbyterian Church, 6th and Lincoln Streets, in Bloomington, Indiana
- Maps to the meeting location can be found here
- Throughout the year the Scottish Society of Greater Bloomington participates in various events. This includes Highland Games, Festivals, Parades, Tartan Day celebrations and other events. The highlight of the year is the Society's annual Burn's Supper in January.