The Scottish Society of Greater Bloomington was founded to provide a means for individuals of Scottish ancestry or interest to experience and participate in activities that celebrate the Scottish culture.
Happy 258th Birthday Robert Burns!
Please join us on January 28th, 2017 for an evening of drinks, great food, and fun entertainment.
Entertainment will include Highland Reign, performing various Scottish music, Southern Indiana Pipes and Drums, and ceilidh dancing by the Scottish Country Dancers.
The evening's program will also include the Address to the Haggis, Immortal Memory, and a toast to Robert Burns. There will also be a Calling of the Clans and a raffle. Raffle tickets will be $1 each or 6 for $5.
Seating is limited, so please send in your reservations as soon as possible. The deadline for receiving your reservation is January 16, 2017. If your reservation is received after seating is full, your payment will be returned in full. Download the Registration form with the link below.
There will be a cash bar, so no outside alcohol is permitted. Dress should be "Business" or "Scottish". The evening's entertainment is inappropriate for children under the age of 13.
We look forward to seeing you for an evening of great fun, lots of haggis, and oatcakes for all!
*If you can't open or have trouble accessing the reservation form, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Meeting Dates
- The Society meets four times a year on the third Monday in March, June, September and December.
- Meeting Times
- 6:30 pm - Social Time with light refreshments served
- 7:00 pm - A program is presented about different facets of Scottish culture
- Meeting Location
- The First Presbyterian Church, 6th and Lincoln Streets, in Bloomington, Indiana
- Maps to the meeting location can be found here
- Throughout the year the Scottish Society of Greater Bloomington participates in various events. This includes Highland Games, Festivals, Parades, Tartan Day celebrations and other events. The highlight of the year is the Society's annual Burn's Supper in January.